What's the best procedure for replacing the Rambo board?

Firstly, I’m new to this forum and 3D printing in general but I have a background in electronics engineering.
I’m pretty sure I’ve catastrophically damaged the Rambo board in my Mini and I’m looking into replacing it. Is there a recommended procedure for swapping out the Rambo board? In particular, I’m keen to make sure I make note of any software settings that may be important to maintain between both the damaged and the new board to minimise any potential complications.
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Pete.

Well, first off, what did you do to it? there are onboard fuses, the tiny ones blow easily.

here is the assembly guides, you can use those as a reference. https://ohai.lulzbot.com/ You may want to call support first though if you are under warranty, they may still be able to take care of you depending on the circumstances.

To swap a rambo board out, first you need to get a replacement, lulzbot sells them, or you can get them direct from ultimachine. You will need to know the E-Steps for your particular extruder. its either on the back of the extruder or written in the manual that came with your printer. If you don’t have that, it’s not the end of the world, but having that number will help.

Once you have the new board installed if you go that route, you then need to get the lulzbot specific firmware on it. if you buy it from lulzbot direct it “may” have the right firmware preinstalled. If not, you connect to it like normal, then use cura or the arduino IDE to transfer the correct firmware, and then adjust the extruder e-steps to the value specified on your manual or the extruder. if you don’t have that value, at that point you run fillament calibration routines until your e-steps are correct, and then you are back in buisiness.

It’s rare to kill a rambo board 100%. I’ve only ever killed one by pulling the fuse prongs off the socket on accident. Usually either the fuses or the PSU take the hit.

Thanks.
After installing some LED strips for illumination I turned the printer power on to test my efforts and heard a loud pop! I quickly switched off the power and made a visual check of the electronics module but I couldn’t see anything amiss. So I disconnected everything from the PSU to the RAMBo board and tried again. This time no problem so I checked the output of the PSU which was fine (~24v). After reassembly I discovered that the RAMBo board reports no reading from the extruder thermistor despite the wiring being fine and all readings of the thermistor and heater resistances being normal - as per details provided by Customer Support. Having since performed further visual checks I found a single whisker of the stranded wire I used to wire up my lighting lodged on the RAMBo board! My heart sank as I realised that this tiny filament must have shorted out the RAMBo board and, despite my best efforts, the only course of action was to source a replacement board. I could try to repair the existing board but given the cost of a new one and the extended time this would take I don’t think it’s a viable option. So I’ve ordered one from Ultimachine and I’ll fit it as soon as it arrives. Sadly, due to my addition of LED lighting (which was, ironically, the cause of the failure) my warranty is now voided. Still, on the bright side, literally and figuratively, the illumination looks great!
Pete.

The thermistor feeds straight into the Mega chip, so you took it out at least. New board time. :cry:
Just make sure you load the Mini firmware as soon as you have it replaced. Strange results will be noticed otherwise. :astonished: