3 out of the 4 bed leveling probes work fine, 4th fails

I recently had to move and took the printer with me. The move was fine, nothing was jostled or broken as far as I knew. When I went to print something I noticed that the nozzle hit the first 3 probes just fine, but on the fourth and last touch it jammed down on the probe pretty hard and pushed the plate down. I heard a quick bit of noise, I assume it was from the belt grinding. After that the print started.

I’ve tried a few prints and it will either put the nozzle too far from the bed or mash the nozzle into the bed and smear the filament all over. I’m nearly certain it is because the bed is lob sided. Problem is I don’t know how to go about fixing it. Any ideas?

I’m also getting something similar and it’s driving me nuts. My Mini will go through the leveling process but when it actually goes to print the bottom layers aren’t little “tubes” of plastic like I’m used to, they’re smashed flat against the surface. This is extra annoying for parts that must fit together as this messes with the tolerances. Every now and then it also smashes the first layer enough to actually mar my bed surface slightly. This then imprints on future prints’ surfaces.
It only started when I moved from running the machine on my mac to my PC to try and eliminate some of the problems I was having with other processes on the computer interrupting CURA and making the print stop and fail.
Chris

I think it has something to do with calibration in general. I’m going to see if I can get it recalibrated at the place I bought the printer from. There was a part that split on it but I thought I fixed that.

I recently had to move and took the printer with me. The move was fine, nothing was jostled or broken as far as I knew. When I went to print something I noticed that the nozzle hit the first 3 probes just fine, but on the fourth and last touch it jammed down on the probe pretty hard and pushed the plate down. I heard a quick bit of noise, I assume it was from the belt grinding. After that the print started.

I’ve tried a few prints and it will either put the nozzle too far from the bed or mash the nozzle into the bed and smear the filament all over. I’m nearly certain it is because the bed is lob sided. Problem is I don’t know how to go about fixing it. Any ideas?

If you haven’t already done so, you may want to start with cleaning the bed leveling washers.

It only started when I moved from running the machine on my mac to my PC to try and eliminate some of the problems I was having with other processes on the computer interrupting CURA and making the print stop and fail.

Maybe the Z-Offset?
Check the machine settings in Cura on your MAC, see if you had entered a Z-Offset, and make sure that is entered into your machine settings on your PC.

I don’t use Cura very often, and recently had the same issue after moving from a MBP to a new MAC. I’d installed Cura and set up my printers, but forgot to copy over my Z-Offset.

When I first started using my lulzbot mini I used it on a spare laptop I had. When I moved I switched to a desktop. Off handedly I decided to try it on my laptop again. So far my prints have came out fine. Maybe the PC had slightly different settings? Who knows, 3d printing is still voodoo to me.