Y-axis won't move back

Random new problem that appeared tonight (which causes the nozzle cleaning phase to fail). I can’t move the print back “backwards” - only forwards (to front of machine)

I checked all other movements - nozzle X,Y,Z good, bed forward good.

Any idea what’s wrong? I hear a slight buzzing sound when I press Y backwards.

That sounds like your y endstop is getting triggered for some reason. This could be a fault in the wiring, the endstop, or the RAMBo itself. You can test if the limit switches on the printer are functioning correctly by first move the Mini’s bed to the middle of the Y axis so that neither of the limit switches are held down. Then connect to the printer using Cura, in the Cura console there will be a text box along the bottom of the window to enter in commands. Enter in the command M119 and hit enter it should show that both of your y endstops are open if one of them says triggered that will most likely be the cause of your problem.

Try this again with the bed pushed all the way to the front of the Y axis, and once with the bed pushed all the way to the back of the Y axis. Lastly disconnect the wires on both Y axis limit switches and try the test one more time, make sure to power off the printer when disconnecting these wires. If it is triggered even after it is unplugged it will mean there is something going on with your RAMBo or the wiring. You can narrow this down even more by unplugging the endstop at the RAMBo and sending the M119 command again, if after unplugging the wires from the RAMBo they are still triggered it will indicate an issue with the RAMBo.

So yes the Y-min is triggered even with the bed in the middle/front.

M119
< Reporting endstop status
< x_min: open
< x_max: open
< y_min: TRIGGERED
< y_max: open
< z_min: open
< z_max: open
< ok P15 B3

And I have not tried disconnecting the wires… you mean the purple ones underneath the bed?

On the very bottom of your print bed there is a set of 4 wires plugged into your print bed. I have attached what they look like on a Mini.

With all four wires disconnected I still get

M119
< Reporting endstop status
< x_min: open
< x_max: open
< y_min: TRIGGERED
< y_max: open
< z_min: open
< z_max: open
< ok P15 B3

How do I fix/repair the RAMbo? Where is that even?

Your RAMBo is the computer board that controls your printer. It is located inside the control box on the side of your printer. To direct you towards the correct RAMBo and the instructions for installing it I will need to know what type of printer you are dealing with.

Don’t forget to mention how old the printer is as well as the model.

Lulzbot Mini, Dec 2015. Need any more info beyond that?

I forgot to check the wiring as note above - but I will now that I know where the RAMbo unit is.

Unfortunately there are two different versions of the Mini and their wiring is a little bit different, on the back of your printer is a serial number that would allow me to figure out which version you have if you want to post that I can point you in the right direction for a RAMBo and instructions.