Aestheticus wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am
Will the mini be upgradable to the mini 2?
We have not made any changes to the sheet metal, so it will be doable! That being said, we have made quite a few improvements that will make it an undertaking to upgrade.
Note, this list may not be complete:
* Replace printed Z uppers and lowers
* Replace printed X end idler and x end motor
* Replace Tool head carriage mount
* New Aerostruder tool head mounting system
-- You can use the existing Aerostruder add on, but you will not get the extra build volume without changing the X motor mount, X idler mount, X motor Carriage, Tool Head Mount
* New Einsy Retro electronics board
-- Some of the connections are different on the board, and the connections are different on the tool head. Re-pinning will be required for some connections.
* Add a z brake board
-- This will require adding wiring harnesses
* Additional belts for Z axis
* GLCD Add on
* Modular Bed System
* High Precision bushings on all smooth rods
-- New printed mounts will be required for the new bushings
There are some other small changes that will not affect performance such as the 2 piece spool holder, so it can be printed on a Mini etc. This should be a good starting point if you are looking to make the upgrade!