Lulzbot Mini 2 hot end?

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot Mini 3D Printer
mhr_lulzbot

Lulzbot Mini 2 hot end?

Post by mhr_lulzbot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:53 pm

What's the life (hours?) of the E3D Titan Aero Extruder's Hot End? What are the indicators that it needs to be replaced?
Lulzbot Mini 2, Windows 10, RasPi 3+ w/ Camera v2, Epilog laser, CNC, Instagram: melristau, "Here's your beautiful brain. Here's your brain on Age."

OutcastZeroOne

Re: Lulzbot Mini 2 hot end?

Post by OutcastZeroOne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 am

Im on a discord with Sanjay from E3D, i can see if I can get an answer right from him

kmanley57

Post by kmanley57 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 am

External wear = leveling issues as the nozzle head body gets shorter. Kind of changes from a V to U shape. :(

Internal wear = extrusion issues as the bore gets larger from abrasion of the filament being pushed through it. (filled filaments tend to wear out the bore faster.)
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

OutcastZeroOne

Post by OutcastZeroOne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

[7:56 AM] OutcastZeroOne: @SanjayM theres a guy on the Lulzbot forum wondering what the life hours of a Titan Aero's hot end are
[8:45 AM] SanjayM: We have the life leader in the print farm
[8:45 AM] SanjayM: It's still printing
[8:45 AM] SanjayM: From 9 months before Titan was released

strait from Sanjay himself, so they expect a long life from their parts, which is why i think lulzbot is switching to them.

as far as the tip deformation, you may have a very soft material nozzle on that needs to be changed out. I know with my Hexagon I never had an issue with any deformation for the year ive had it running, though I never ran anything abrasive though it either. I now have a MicroSwiss hardened nozzle on mine with no issues.

mhr_lulzbot

Post by mhr_lulzbot » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for notes ... Just had the Mini2 couple weeks ... very pleased with it!
Lulzbot Mini 2, Windows 10, RasPi 3+ w/ Camera v2, Epilog laser, CNC, Instagram: melristau, "Here's your beautiful brain. Here's your brain on Age."