Z stuck, belts grinding, problems everywhere

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot Mini 3D Printer
Galadriel
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Re: Z stuck, belts grinding, problems everywhere

Post by Galadriel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 am

Thanks for doing that test! Sadly since both your Y-Min and Y-Max are triggering simultaneously most likely the board has been damaged. You could try swapping those endstops for a different set of endstop on your RAMBo like the Y-Min and Y-Max (with the power turned off of course) and see if the problem moves to the new axis, that would narrow it down to either your board or your wiring, and since seeing two wiring harnesses fail simultaneously is not something that we would normally expect that would leave me feeling pretty confident that this was in fact an issue with the board itself.

trollioli

Post by trollioli » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:36 am

Galadriel wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 am
issue with the board itself.
I hope not, that rambo is brand new. I just installed it when the problems first started.

Galadriel
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Galadriel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 am

I have my fingers crossed for you that it is something else, but knowing that since the new board was installed the nozzle was cleaned with a wire brush which is something that we know can damage the RAMBo, and that 2 of your endstops are triggering on the same axis at the same time that is unfortunately what it is starting to look like...

trollioli

Post by trollioli » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:31 am

Galadriel wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 am
I have my fingers crossed for you that it is something else, but knowing that since the new board was installed the nozzle was cleaned with a wire brush which is something that we know can damage the RAMBo, and that 2 of your endstops are triggering on the same axis at the same time that is unfortunately what it is starting to look like...
ahh I see what you mean. Let me start over real quick.

A while back I cleaned my head with a wire brush on the original rambo. It started to mess up bad so I replaced the rambo with a new one thinking that would fix it. Since I installed the new rambo I have not touched the nozzle with anything metal. It's still messing up. That's why I'm wondering if it's the whole extruder that needs replaced and not the rambo.

kmanley57

Post by kmanley57 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 pm

I would try to unplug one of the Y end stops from the Einsy and see if the end stop is no longer triggered.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

Ehoff
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Ehoff » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:44 am

Did you remember to ground yourself before touching the new RAMBo?

trollioli

Post by trollioli » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Ehoff wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:44 am
Did you remember to ground yourself before touching the new RAMBo?
Yeah. I'm really starting to believe its something to do with the print head.

Ehoff
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Ehoff » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:45 am

Can you post a few pictures of the toolhead, as well as the wiring connector, so that we can have a look and see if there's anything out of place?

trollioli

Post by trollioli » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:59 am

Yes I will when I get home. To be perfectly transparent, I really went at that tool head with that brush. Right above the head there are some wires that I may have hit.

trollioli

Post by trollioli » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 pm

The red wires have a slight bit of exposure where they meat the print head. I think I may have brushed that when I was cleaning.