Homing Failed, Please Reset

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot Mini 3D Printer
roloplex

Homing Failed, Please Reset

Post by roloplex » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Several times when beginning a print, my Mini 2 does the X axis movement, moving the carriage to the left (the very first thing it does, before auto leveling, etc.), then grinds for a second or so, then puts up the message "Homing Failed: Please Reset". I noticed that this seems to more likely happen if the tool head is more to the left when beginning. I work around this by powering off and manually pushing the tool head to the right, then starting again, after which it works.

Is there a better way to address this problem? How does one "reset"? Is manually moving the head with the power off ill advised? Are there some x axis margins that need to be adjusted?

roloplex

Re: Homing Failed, Please Reset

Post by roloplex » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:23 pm

It seems to be getting worse, as in it's happening more often. Now it sometimes gets past the initial homing, does the hot end cleaning on the pads, then when it tries to home again just after the head cleaning, it jams, grinds and then aborts the print. See attached video. Sounds horrible! Please help!
IMG_0179.mp4
(5.09 MiB) Downloaded 14 times

roloplex

Post by roloplex » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm

I just noticed something odd with the top of the tool head: a wire connector that seems to be at an odd angle. Maybe it's loose?
Attachments
IMG_1034.jpg

roloplex

Post by roloplex » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm

I called tech support, and D. H. gave me a simple fix: adjusting the bump stop for the x axis. It no longer grinds! Yes!

fitzfam2009

Post by fitzfam2009 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:57 pm

How do you adjust the bump stop? I am having the same issue and it’s getting worse. Thanks!

Galadriel
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Galadriel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

fitzfam2009 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:57 pm
How do you adjust the bump stop? I am having the same issue and it’s getting worse. Thanks!
To adjust your bump stop you will just need to loosen the two small 1.5mm hex screws that hold it in place (don't completely remove them). Then with the screws loose grip the bump stop and pull it out towards the toolhead (to the right). Tighten the screws back into place while holding the bump stop in position.

I've attached a photo of the bump stop to help you locate the correct area.
Bump_stop_position_Mini2.jpg