Mini 2 with OctoPrint?

I’ve currently got a Mini with this setup and thinking of selling mine for the new and improved, but I’d like OctoPrint to remotely manage prints from my tablet / computers. Has anyone setup a Mini 2 with OctoPrint?

I have a Mini 1 and a Taz 6 each with with OctoPrint servers. There’s no reason OctoPrint wouldn’t work on a Mini 2. I use Cura on my laptop to actually do the slicing. If the idea is to slice and manage the prints using OctoPrint, I assume you’ll need to export a Mini 2 profile of some kind into OctoPrint (I think this can also be done by Cura?) but I dont both with that. I use OctoPrint to wirelessly receive the gcode file from my laptop/Cura, manage the print queue, drive the printer, and monitor the print over video and I think that’s probably how most use it.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to hear from someone who has the Mini 2 with OctoPrint running. Wanted to better understand if there are impacts because of the stock LCD it comes with, or if there are other issues. I currently have a Mini 1 with OctoPrint and use Sli3er to slice and send to it, so I’m familiar with those bits, profiles etc. Just want to see if it can be duplicated on the 2.

Does the mini 2’s LCD differ from the Taz 6?.
On the Taz 6 the LCD defaults to the info screen and you can monitor the toolhead and bed heater temps. It has not issue with Octoprint.
I sure hope the Mini 2 doesn’t reinvent the wheel here.

The LCD shouldn’t affect Octoprint… and vice versa. They are completely different systems. Octoprint is just streaming/sending g-code to the printer. Its not an extension of the printer’s firmware.

While printing through Octoprint, don’t use the LCD menu functions. Pause or stop the print in Octoprint then use the LCD menu functions… ie move the toolhead, extrude/retract filament, change filament. I don’t think the LCD functions are sent to Octoprint.

I have a mini 2 and I just setup octoprint on a raspberry pi 3. It looks like I need to go and tweak a few settings so that the print head and base don’t hit the bump stops. Also noticed that the retract button on the octoprint interface doesn’t work, so I have to figure out a way to change printing material. It was really easy to setup, I might have missed something during the process that takes care of these issues.

I have it and it works great on my Mini2.

@DougSwan23 Extruding or retracting don’t do anything until the hot end is ,well, hot. Set a temp then try.

Monty

The default extruder speed is too fast for my Mini 1. I think it’s set to 300 by default. 150 works much better. It’s in Printer Profile > Axes as E.

I was wondering why I was having issues with stripping after filament changing and that was it (I’d feed by hand for a bit, then use OctoPrint to feed some).