Printing question - Flat Surfaces

When I print models with flat tops the surface is not smooth but has a pattern in it. I’ve seen prints from other printers and the tops look smooth. Any advise to get a smooth top surface?

Regards,
Mike

check the iron command in cura

OK, how come this setting is hidden. I couldn’t find it in any of the setting advanced options, but when you search for Iron the setting is available and can be adjusted. What’s the reason for this?

Regards,
Mike

you have to click the little gear to open the commands window then click iron to have it show … I believe…

Did that, fairly straight forward. Not visible. Only shows up when I search for it using the search command above the advance settings.

Regards,
Mike

Some of the settings are hidden by default. To configure which ones are visible by default, go to Settings > Configure Setting Visibility >

You can then selection which ones you want to see, or can select all in the top left corner.

Cool, thanks!

Regards,
Mike

New flat surface question. If I print something like a cube the vertical surfaces are wavey, they show some offset in the x and or y direction. Is there an adjustment I can make to tighten this up. I’m running a mini 1.4 version, stock.

Regards,
Mike

With your printer cold, move the nozzle out into the middle of the frame so you can get at it. Now try moving it forward and back and side to side. If there is any movement play at all, adjust your bearing blocks and tighten screws and shim parts as needed until the play is removed but the head still moves smoothly. Repeat with the bed.