The Ciclop has landed! Unboxing begins.

A forum dedicated to the development of Free Software, Libre Innovation, and Open Source Hardware (FLO) 3D Scanners
mhackney

Re: The Ciclop has landed! Unboxing begins.

Post by mhackney » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:21 pm

I did another round of calibration and did the camera intrinsics first this time. I am getting much better results. I don't think I see a ghost now, just one object.
Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 6.20.08 PM.png
Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start here:
A Strategy for Obtaining Great Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler

tamarintech

Post by tamarintech » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:53 pm

mhackney wrote:
Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 6.20.08 PM.png
It looks like you have some gaps that you can clean up with the camera settings. Try exposure/saturation or even gain (if you can change it) to get Horus to pick up the laser on darker colors.

mhackney

Post by mhackney » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 am

Thanks, I've been traveling for business for a few days so just getting back into it.

I do believe my environment is not optimal. I have a daylight florescent lamp about 8" above illuminating. It may not be bright enough or cover a wide enough area. I am now using a white paper backdrop and that has helped a lot. I think a box with an open front lined in white might be ideal for lighting so I am going to try to rig something up this week.
Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start here:
A Strategy for Obtaining Great Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler