Help out your fellow educators by sharing freely licensed 3D models.
Why does freely licensed matter?
Creators can apply usage licenses to protect their ideas and enforce sharing methods and access. These licenses can either restrict access by companies and individuals unless paid or otherwise authorized, or with free licenses, grant unrestricted and unfettered access.
We recommend only sharing 3D models with the following licenses:
- PD, Public Domain: this material is not copyrighted and no license is needed
- GNU GPLv3, GNU General Public License: a free software, copyleft license
- GNU GPLv2: a free software, copyleft license.
- CC-0, Creative Commons License: Public Domain, this material is not copyrighted and no license is needed
- CC-BY: Users are free to: remix, use commercially, meets Open Definition. Requires: Attribution
- CC-BY-SA: Users are free to: remix, use commercially, meets Open Definition. Requires: Attribution-- derivative works inherit the same license.
- Informal Licenses, such as "Do whatever you like, do what you want to, etc"
Have you found a freely licensed model you'd like to share, that meets the above recommendations? Perfect!
Include the following in your post:
- Name of 3D model
- Type of Free License
- Recommended grade levels
- Recommended course
- Link to 3D model(s)
- Link to more information
- Explain how you used this and how this helped