Budaschnozzle 2.0 PLA Fix

Have questions? Want advice?
suntorn

Re: Budaschnozzle 2.0 PLA Fix

Post by suntorn » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:26 am

Makuna wrote:
suntorn wrote:Printing with abs first then you will not have this problem with pla, promise.
If you read closely, you would have noted that I did print ABS first, a few prints, which did come out nice. First PLA print after those was created a total mess.

Lulzbot was great and taking the head back and shipping a rebuilt one. The new head was different. The new heater is much faster at coming up to temp (half the time as the original), and even after printing a few prints again in ABS, the first print in PLA and it oozed again. So far it has only been a few drops and only above the heater; not the total mess I had before; so I can live with this.

I think the issue comes from the transition from ABS (230 degrees) to inserting the PLA filament and extruding while dropping the temp to 180. Drop it too fast and the ABS hardens before its all pushed out and causes back pressure and get some ooozing. Drop it too slowly and you burn the PLA and clog and get a total mess.
Let me guess they sent you a all metal hot end? Your old one was buddaschnozzle? All metal hot ends don't have that problem. I had the same problem with pla. I called lulzbot and they told me to run a print out two in abs and it would seal up the extruder. It did. Never had another problem with oozing after that.
Just curious what are you talking about doing the temp down too fast, you should be setting the temp to 180 for pla and leaving it there till the print is done. Unless you change filament in mid print, to a different material.
I was trying to help. From now on I will disregard your questions altogether, for this is the second time you got smart with me on this forum. The other was that rant about PEI not working, where you mistook buildtak for PEI. If you need help as much as you seem to, then you shouldn't be rude to the people who are trying to help others. Keep your half researched opinions to yourself please, and thankyou.

Jel111

Re: Budaschnozzle 2.0 PLA Fix

Post by Jel111 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:23 pm

I ordered a Budha a couple of weeks ago from MakerGeeks. They had it posted as in stock, so I bought it. I didn't receive it for over a week so I contacted them. I asked if they sent it. They sent me an email saying it is on back order from China. WTF! The problem is nobody else has them, and unless someone on here has a link, I'm stuck. Have you ever bought from MakerGeeks? Are they a scam?