Best filiment for printing threads?

Hello All,

I am currently working on a few parts which require .70 to .90 pitch threads. I am using PLA on a TAZ 5 to create these parts with ok results. My nozzle temp is 220, bed temp is 55. Can Anyone recommend a different filiment and/or temperature they have used for printing parts with threads with excellent results?

Thanks for your help.

I printed a bunch of M10 & M12 bolts with tglase and they thread very cleanly.

Thanks for the reply. Next time I order some more filiment, I’ll see if I can get some taste too. I’m finding I can get PLA to work but not as consistent as I would like.

I printed a bunch of M10 & M12 bolts with tglase and they thread very cleanly.

How is the holding and loading power of T-glase? I’m assuming that it isn’t much different than store bought nylon hardware.

Taulman just dropped their 910 blend that seems like it will make some good hardware.

The M12 t-glase bolts are strong if you pull against the threads, but if you smack it sideways it is weak.

The taulman 910 is really really strong. I haven’t printed it, but we have in the building and I’ve seen a sample. It is very rigid too. I believe it is (much) easier to print than polycarbonate, which makes it probably the strongest filament out there that you can print. (I don’t know how this would compare with carbon fiber, but that eats the nozzle.)

-Jeff