Howto: Change Hexagon hotend nozzle

Have questions? Want advice?
kmanley57

Re: Howto: Change Hexagon hotend nozzle

Post by kmanley57 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 am

Sebastian wrote:There is no reason to apply thread look to this small screw,there was none on mine.
Maybe not but if you look at the hotend assembly guide or a new extruder you will see thread lock on that screw now. I looked at my 4 week old extruder on my Taz 6 and it has thread lock on the screw.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

paulmorley

Post by paulmorley » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Here's how I do it. I change nozzles at least 3-4 times per week and this has never failed me. I print with many different filaments and a range of nozzles from .25 to .6.

cnd6098

Post by cnd6098 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 am

Hello! So I was just replacing my hotend nozzle and had the tweezers around the actual hotend holding it in place when all the sudden my whole lulzbot taz 6 turned off and now will not turn back on. I am pretty sure I didn't hit anything (although one of the ends of the tweezers was near the back towards the big red wires, but again pretty sure i didn't pull on anything). If something were to have happened it would be compressing the wires which should not break them. Do you know what could have happened? I tried restarting my machine and when the switch is flipped to on nothing happens. Any advice would be amazing! I was trying to replace the left nozzle on the dual head V3

Ehoff

Post by Ehoff » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 pm

It sounds like you might have blown a fuse on the RAMBo board. Try swapping out the F2 and F3 fuses and see if the screen comes back to life, just make sure not to run it with the fuses swapped. If the screen does come back to life, we sell replacement fuses here: https://www.lulzbot.com/store/parts/5-a ... olyfuse-x3

For future reference, you never want to use anything metallic on the hotend while the machine is powered on because it can cause a electrical short back to the RAMBo board.
Attachments
Rambofuses1.jpg

MakerHill

Post by MakerHill » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Sebastian - Thanks for the article.
i-t-w.com - Thanks for the tip about the nozzle NOT needing to touch the heater block. I spun the part inside the heater block down a turn, so now there is a tiny gap between the nozzle and the block. No more leaks.
Great note also about turning off the printer to avoid frying Rambo. You "can" be ok, if you're careful.

So question, could I put in a M6 thread nozzle for 1.75mm filament and print... with 1.75 filament? Or would I need other parts sized for 1.75?