TAZ TK0

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
Gemini64

Re: TAZ TK0

Post by Gemini64 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Hello Couby,
Couby wrote:With the release in Lulzbot shop, it seems there are two repositories about TAZ (http://devel.lulzbot.com/TK-0/ and http://download.lulzbot.com/TAZ/). Wich one is the reference now ?
devel contained the files during the development. Final files are in download.
Couby wrote:Possibly because I'm mainly using TK-0 assembly freecad file which maybe is not uptodate,
I modeled the original FreeCAD files (I did not designed the parts, just reproduced them from Sketchup files), including the assembly. It is nowhere near complete, actually, and possibly outdated, as I haven't worked on them for a few months. The Lulzbot people have made some changes to my original FreeCAD part files which may not be reflected on the assembly.

Due to FreeCAD's current weak points, making and updating the assembly is a bit of a chore. I was waiting for the assembly module to be implemented into FreeCAD before completing the assembly, but the implementation may take more time than I had anticipated. So I'm thinking about picking things where I left off.

Gemini64 AKA NormandC

Couby

Post by Couby » Sun May 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Thank you a lot Gemini for the Freecad TK-0 assembly file, it is really really helpfull, even if it is nowhere near complete.

Any idea for the double bearing pieces where they are to be used ? :oops:

jebba
Site Admin

Post by jebba » Sun May 19, 2013 4:49 pm

For TAZ parts, docs, etc. use this directory instead of the old devel TK-0 one:

http://download.lulzbot.com/TAZ/

Or if you do rsync:

rsync://download.lulzbot.com/lulzbot/TAZ/

The TK-0 dir will eventually disappear.

Gemini64

Post by Gemini64 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Couby wrote:Any idea for the double bearing pieces where they are to be used ? :oops:
I didn't model that one - in fact there is only an stl file and an .xoj file which I have no idea what it is and with what software it was created with. In my assembly file there are 12 single bearing holders. The new BOM indicates 3 double bearing holders and 5 single bearing holders for a total of 11 bearings.
Couby wrote:yet till there I haven't seen double_bearing_holder in pictures.
Actually looking at the pictures more closely you can see two of them! They are on the X axis holding the X Motor Mount and X Bearing Mount parts onto the vertical smooth rods. Your guess as to where the third one is used is as good as mine. My bet is on the top of the X Carriage.

That leaves only 5 single bearing supports. I'm tempted to say the bed has 4 which leaves one at the bottom of the X Carriage.

Am I right jebba? Am I zero on two, two on two? :mrgreen:

Gemini64

Post by Gemini64 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Looking at the pictures on the store's product page I had a burning question... Did the cat go into the printed box?

Well he/she did! :D

http://download.lulzbot.com/TAZ/photos/ ... -1024.html

Gemini64

Post by Gemini64 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Gemini64 wrote:Actually looking at the pictures more closely you can see two of them! They are on the X axis holding the X Motor Mount and X Bearing Mount parts onto the vertical smooth rods. Your guess as to where the third one is used is as good as mine. My bet is on the top of the X Carriage.

That leaves only 5 single bearing supports. I'm tempted to say the bed has 4 which leaves one at the bottom of the X Carriage.

Am I right jebba? Am I zero on two, two on two? :mrgreen:
This picture makes me think I'm right. I believe we see the hint of a single bearing holder centered under the X Carriage.

And, we see two single bearing holders under the bed. The holes on the aluminum bed mount plate are too far apart for a double bearing holder. (Click on the picture for original size)

Sorry, I'm done spamming now. :oops:

Couby

Post by Couby » Mon May 20, 2013 1:08 am

jebba wrote:For TAZ parts, docs, etc. use this directory instead of the old devel TK-0 one:

http://download.lulzbot.com/TAZ/

Or if you do rsync:

rsync://download.lulzbot.com/lulzbot/TAZ/

The TK-0 dir will eventually disappear.
Ok, thank you Jebba for this orientation :).

Couby

Post by Couby » Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 am

Gemini64 wrote: Image
Thanks Gemini, I see now :).

lotw

Post by lotw » Mon May 20, 2013 3:40 am

I like in the photo they show it printing upside down.

Gemini64

Post by Gemini64 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:08 am

Go look at geneb's outboxing video. At 18:28 we have a clear view of the back of the X carriage. I was right. :ugeek:

:)