Mini vs TAZ 6

Have questions? Want advice?
nopick

Re: Mini vs TAZ 6

Post by nopick » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:09 pm

i-t-w.com wrote:We will eventually have the Igus bed harnesses to retrofit older Minis
I really need that!

CoParaTech

Post by CoParaTech » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 pm

"All our new stock Minis are 1.04 "Gladiolas". They also have the Moons motors like the TAZ 6, Moons stepper dampers on Z and Y steppers, a revised chassis, 40mm heatsink fan. Beefy idler and latch, and I'm probably forgetting a few changes.

Gladiolas sound SO nice and quiet printing. CoParaTech- we have one on display if you wan to stop by and see/hear a Gladiola ;)

We will eventually have the Igus bed harnesses to retrofit older Minis"

Oh man, sounds like I need to pop by and check those out! Thanks i-t-w.com!

nopick

Post by nopick » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 am

I installed a damper on the Y motor of my mini. YUGE difference! Best thing I ever did to the machine.

Do you need shorter motor mounts to put dampers on the Z drives?

i-t-w.com

Post by i-t-w.com » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:33 am

nopick wrote:I installed a damper on the Y motor of my mini. YUGE difference! Best thing I ever did to the machine.

Do you need shorter motor mounts to put dampers on the Z drives?
Good question. I don't know if you need them, but you might as well print and install the gladiola mounts while you're in there, as they make motor replacement easier, and they do have the recesses to correctly offset the dampers.

Agree with nopick that the Y damper makes a big difference, and it's easy to install.
IT-Works 3D Printers, Supplies, Training, Support, Repair, Parts
http://www.itworks3d.com
sales@i-t-w.com
970-599-1152

nopick

Post by nopick » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:40 am

I might have to do that during the Christmas break.

Biolumo

Post by Biolumo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Yeah, i'm planning on doing a full Gladiola hardware upgrade for my mini. One thing i noticed with the new lower z-axis mounts is that YES they do make a heck of a difference with adding those vibration dampeners, but since i don't have those long allen key wrenches that lulzbot has i had a heck of time with that front screw. And the screws i am using are a bit long and don't have enough clearance inside the brass insert holes. So i have made my own mods to fix that.
Attachments
lower_z_left_mini_lulz_green_v1_6_custom.STL
(149.59 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
lower_z_right_mini_lulz_green_v1_6_custom.STL
(148.91 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

CoParaTech

Post by CoParaTech » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:16 am

i-t-w.com wrote:
ScottW wrote:
nopick wrote:If you are going to buy a mini, make sure it is the new one with IGUS continuous flex cable installed. I am having a terrible time with mine breaking wires in the cable chains.
I saw the new IGUS chainflex was in the "Mini 1.04" BOM, and it sounded like a great improvement. Has anyone heard when the "1.04" models are expected to be the shipping stock?
All our new stock Minis are 1.04 "Gladiolas". They also have the Moons motors like the TAZ 6, Moons stepper dampers on Z and Y steppers, a revised chassis, 40mm heatsink fan. Beefy idler and latch, and I'm probably forgetting a few changes.

Gladiolas sound SO nice and quiet printing. CoParaTech- we have one on display if you wan to stop by and see/hear a Gladiola ;)

We will eventually have the Igus bed harnesses to retrofit older Minis
Well I decided to go with a Mini 1.04 Gladiola from i-t-w.com and I couldn't be happier. The new upgrades make the Mini even better than before. Faster, quieter, and even more accurate printing right out of the box! And with the sale going on, I'm now running 2 Minis for less than the price of a TAZ6. For anyone considering getting a Mini, just do it. You'll be glad you did. :D

Material42x

Post by Material42x » Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm

CoParaTech wrote:
i-t-w.com wrote:
ScottW wrote:I saw the new IGUS chainflex was in the "Mini 1.04" BOM, and it sounded like a great improvement. Has anyone heard when the "1.04" models are expected to be the shipping stock?
All our new stock Minis are 1.04 "Gladiolas". They also have the Moons motors like the TAZ 6, Moons stepper dampers on Z and Y steppers, a revised chassis, 40mm heatsink fan. Beefy idler and latch, and I'm probably forgetting a few changes.

We will eventually have the Igus bed harnesses to retrofit older Minis
Well I decided to go with a Mini 1.04 Gladiola from i-t-w.com and I couldn't be happier. The new upgrades make the Mini even better than before. Faster, quieter, and even more accurate printing right out of the box! And with the sale going on, I'm now running 2 Minis for less than the price of a TAZ6. For anyone considering getting a Mini, just do it. You'll be glad you did. :D
my Taz 5 is down for the moment, and i've been shopping around for a second 3mm printer, and now i'm very sad to have missed the Mini sale - that would have been perfect. oh well :D