Taz Pro Vs Raise3d Pro 2 vs Ultimaker E /S5

Have questions? Want advice?
belezeebub

Taz Pro Vs Raise3d Pro 2 vs Ultimaker E /S5

Post by belezeebub » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:02 am

I have posted this on similar forums I am only looking for first hand reviews please.

I don’t consider myself an expert but I currently have four printers, I have owned seven and I am adding a fifth next month.

Features I want

Dual extruders, Repeatability, reliability, and high tolerances.

I print PLA 70%, PETG 20% and ABS+ others 5%

While I do have commercial contracts to design and print items, I don’t do it for profit it just keeps me in filament.

I love my Taz 6 I have every tool head they make, and I will shout from the mountain tops that the only fails I have had with it where my fault. (why don’t I use this one you might ask because the second nozzle drags and dribbles and IMHO a .05 is just too big a nozzle for my moving parts, plus screen season is coming up and my Taz will be printing 24x7 to get out orders at 40 pairs per build plate)

I hated my MK3 IMHO to call it merely garbage was an insult to garbage I returned it (and no it was not a kit)

What do I want in the next printer? Open box, cut zip ties load filament and hit Go. I already have three printers to tinker with I don’t need another one.

60% of my prints have motion or moving parts hence my request for high Tolerance.

I have my options narrowed down to a Taz pro, Um3 or UM s5 or a Raise3d Pro2

I don’t mind the upfront cost I due care about the in many cases the triple the filament cost.

For instance, when my customer calls for 1000 of thing:2963356 I know it will cost me X I will charge him Y and the profit will buy me four rolls of hatch box to play with.

Questions

I am about to start printing color Lithopanes using some photoshop/gimp tricks and CMYK PLA the .smallest layer level possible will be great for that

Taz and R3d P2 all have lifting nozzle, the UM3/ UM S5 have dual.

So, if you won 5k in the lottery which printer would you get?

JoeBowler300

Re: Taz Pro Vs Raise3d Pro 2 vs Ultimaker E /S5

Post by JoeBowler300 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Markforged 3D printers may be a good candidate too.

dysan

Re: Taz Pro Vs Raise3d Pro 2 vs Ultimaker E /S5

Post by dysan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 pm

I would go for a corexy printer, most likely a railcore II 300ZL. I don't know if the fully assembled ones are back in stock or not though. I think it would come to around $3k with the mosquito hotend, misumi linear rails and a mag bed.