Simplify3D profiles for the Lulzbot Mini?

Hello,
Does anyone have any lulzbot Mini profiles that they would like to share? The one that the simplify3d support gave me does not work, it did not even have the right nozzle diameter put in there. I really like the cura software, however, not being able to add or remove individual support structures has its disadvantages.

Thanks!

I have one working for pla. I can post it tomorrow night.

Following this thread - very interested in how others have ported the cura default profiles over to Simplify 3D.

This is the profile I am currently using.
miniPLA.factory.txt (2.27 KB)

Much thanks! I am using ABS and HIPS, but ill change the temps and see what i get.

One other note. I hard coded the hot end and bed temps in start up g-code. Cura passes it in through a variable.

Also, I just calculated the % first layer thickness to match what was set in Cura. I think it ended up being 170% for the 0.25 layer medium quality profile.

I will have to check the factory file out tomorrow when I work on some Mini’s. Maybe I can refine my setup that I use now. :ugeek:

You might also want to add some travel before retraction. It retracts a bit too often now.

I noticed you did not use/have the Simplfy3d variables in the Scripts tab starting gcode.

[bed#_temperature] or [extruder#_temperature],

you look to have the Cura ones in there.

{print_temperature} and {print_bed_temperature}

;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line

;M190 S[bed0_temperature] ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S[extruder0_temperature] ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line

but then I use the temp controllers list.

I just started working with it and have been setting the temps manually to minimize variables. The results have been good. Now to get that new Pi2 running Octoprint!

OP I’m curious if you have procured or created any more profiles for your Mini? I’m thinking about acquiring S3D but wanting to make sure I’ll have profiles first.

I really like the user interface and options, however, i still have yet to find an ABS profile that gives me the quality of just using Cura.

Thanks.

I have a good FFF for the TAZ… What problems are you experiencing with ABS? Maybe I can help tweak the S3D profile…

One key is to turn the fan down or completely off… or better vary the fan speed throughout the print according print height. I like to start with the fan off and turn it to 30-40% after ~3mm (calculate according to your layer height). Leave at this fan level or increase the cooling to 50-60% higher in the print… ~15-20mm. Don’t go past 60%, unless bridging gaps.

Well… as I started this, I realized that all the other advice is common ABS printing tips… brim (5-10mm to mitigate warping), z-offset (reduce flaring/squash after auto-level), shell thickness (reduce warping), print ABS a degree or two hot (mitigate delamination). So the only real S3D specific parameters is tweaking the speed settings. An exterior % of ~2500mm/min leaves a nice finish usually. Lower the multiplier to 90-95%, increase infill overlap to 30% (seems to help with curved overhang).

I heard good things about their visual guide to troubleshooting prints… Ultimaker has a good print troubleshooting guide too.

Export and post the FFF, I’ll load it up and see if I’ve got other ideas to improve prints. And of course the disclaimer is, that everyone’s printing environment is different so its really learning how to remedy the problems.