Sync Control Knob clicks with display menu?

One user experience on the TAZ 6 that is frustrating for me is the awkward and inconsistency between the “clicks” of the control knob and the “stepping” through the display menu.

This problem was mentioned in the “Tom’s Review” and he suspected it was because he had an early release.

I just received the TAZ6 and it still has this issue. It makes the display and menu system very frustrating.

Is there any way to fix this?

I too would like to know if there is say an aftermarket scroll wheel. While it isn’t a huge deal, it can be annoying on some screens where it jumps 2 increments at a time instead of 1 as expected with the stock wheel.

Please check out our new branch: https://code.alephobjects.com/diffusion/MARLIN/browse/oliveoil/

OK, I see the change. When will this be made available as a firmware update? Alternately, is there a way to download it without ‘git’? ( I did not see an option to download a zip file).

Also, I am relatively new to the lulzbot websites and did not find what I needed for install instructions. Is “Marlin” and “firmware” the same thing? The tutorial describes a “.hex” file for firmware.