Failure to install Slic3r on Linux Mint... Solved

I attempted to install Slic3r on linux mint using “Software Manager”.
Install seemed to go fine, but running it from the menu caused nothing to happen.
I ran it in the command line and got:

$ slic3r --gui
Can't locate Wx.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Wx module) (@INC contains: /usr/bin/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI/AboutDialog.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI/AboutDialog.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 65) line 1.

So I installed: 2016-11-17 21:15:35 install wx-common:amd64 3.0.2+dfsg-1.3
Then I get:

$ slic3r --gui
Can't locate OpenGL.pm in @INC (you may need to install the OpenGL module) (@INC contains: /usr/bin/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI/Plater/2DToolpaths.pm line 120.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI/Plater/2DToolpaths.pm line 120.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 16.

So I install some other package with perl and opengl in its name, (I think it might have been “Libqtopengl4-perl”) this does not help
I do a bunch of searching and find another package. I think it was (libopengl-perl).
I then get:

$ slic3r --gui
Base class package "Wx::GLCanvas" is empty.
    (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first,
    or make that module available in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/bin/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .).
 at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI/Plater/2DToolpaths.pm line 121.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI/Plater/2DToolpaths.pm line 121.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Slic3r/GUI.pm line 16.

At this point I don’t know what to do.

Does anyone know the list of dependencies that the deb package should have installed?
It is really difficult to figure out the missing package name from the error message.

Slic3r uses the OpenGL Graphics library to render some of its views. The last error message is telling you that the GLCanvas module, which appears to be part of the WX module, isn’t there. That’s probably the WX Module’s OpenGL rendering plugin. OpenGL has been somewhat supplanted in other areas, so they may have depriciated it or made it an optional module? Locating the file that contains that plugin and placing it in one of those defined include directories might do the trick?

To summarize:
The Ubuntu package for slic3r on Linux mint is missing the following dependencies:
wx-common
libopengl-perl
libwx-glcanvas-perl

I had to guess what packages were necessary since the error messages gave very tenuous clues.