TAZ Slic3r profiles

Get answers & advice for all of your 3D printing & Free Software needs here!
Orias
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Re: TAZ Slic3r profiles

Post by Orias » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Also, Windows tries to "help" by adding .txt to the file extension at times. Make sure the file extension is .ini. You can turn on file extension displaying by changing a setting in Windows at Control Panel (change from category view to view by small icons) > Folder options > Hide file extensions for known types.

HotelAlpha

Post by HotelAlpha » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:45 am

Mac OsX tries to "help" you as well.
Right click on the file -> Informations -> Name&Suffix and just remove the .txt that worked for me.

Also in Slic3r the submenu Import Config under File is now called Load config, isn't it? I'm very new to this and this just confused me a litte :D

Melindaharen

Post by Melindaharen » Sat May 13, 2017 7:08 am

I am having what I think is a windows issue. I click save as, confirm its ini as the file extension. when I double check in explore, the profile is listed that way but when I go to load the profile, it shows now profiles listed. I think windows is still 'classifying' it as a text file even though it clearly has the ini file extension. I have the same issue with cura profiles and gcode files. anyone else have the issue? is there a way to fix that? thanks!
Etheldreda

mrvanes

Post by mrvanes » Sat May 13, 2017 11:10 am

Winwoods hides the extension of known filetypes so my bet is you're looking a file named config.ini.txt or the like. Make sure you configure winwoods to show extension of known filetypes and you won't be fooled anymore.

Melindaharen

Post by Melindaharen » Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 am

thank you for responding, the file type is classified as text so I think that is my issue (I am viewing in full details). I think that is my issue.
Etheldreda

Melindaharen

Post by Melindaharen » Sun May 14, 2017 7:54 am

yep that is the issue, it is calling it .ini.txt, i had to change some permissions to make it stop that. thank you!!!!
Etheldreda