Mini Cura 2.6.63 windows 7 wont communicate USB

FYI - Cura 2.6.63 doesn’t work and 21.08 does. Read below.

I uninstalled a working version Cura 21.08 to get the latest Cura software 2.6.63 for a LulzBot Mini running software on a Dell Precision Windows 7 laptop. Windows 7 recognized the Mini and gave it USB comm port 13 (In Device Manager --> 3D Printer powered by RAMBo) plus the little beeps as you plugged and unplugged the USB cable. Cura 2.6.63 was unable to connect to the Mini even after a reboot. I gave it plenty of time to search for the comm port as i grabbed a sandwich waiting on it. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it still was unable to recognize the Mini. I then uninstalled deleted the folder out off AppData/Roaming/Cura?? and installed the next older version Cura 2.6.52 and had the same issue. I then uninstalled everything and went back to 21.08 and everything works correctly.

The latest versions of Cura LulzBot Edition require updated firmware to communicate with the printer. Install Cura LE version 2.6.63.

Select the Settings menu > Printer > Manage Printer(s) > Upgrade Firmware > Automatically Upgrade Firmware to start the firmware update process.

After installing the firmware, if you still can’t communicate with the printer, go to Preferences > Configure Cura. Under Developer Settings, select “Allow connection to…”.

Reach out to our support team for more assistance, at LulzBot.com/Support.