Does Cura ever correctly determine the installed firmware version?

I have 1.1.5.71 paired with Cura 2.6.69 on a Taz 6. That installation of Cura is the very one that installed the firmware on my Taz, yet every time I connect, Cura displays: Failed to determine firmware version.

I would chalk this up to just another instance of mediocre quality control at Aleph, but I’m getting THERMAL ERROR E1 messages, and am hoping that’s somehow software related (and therefore maybe fixable).

Not sure what the firmware has to do with Cura… Need to make sure the firmware matches the toolhead.

If it doesn’t need it, it’s cool with me if it stops checking :slight_smile:

FWIW, I pushed a set of single-extruder firmware up manually, and that seems to have fixed the alert. Who knows what garbage “Automatic” is pushing up.

BTW, this “Clear your cache before upgrading” business is bush league. If you can’t work out the versioning of what you’re writing to App Support…maybe it’s time to talk to your manager about finding a job you’re actually good at.

If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go Time Machine all of my profiles back into existence now…

Ha, now it’s saying “New printer firmware available”. I just pulled the latest single-extruder firmware off the downloads page. I guess firmware isn’t versioned per tool-head, but incrementally, no matter if it’s not technically supported.