Detecting firmware and updating remotely

I have a TAZ 6 which is located in my garage. My PC (desktop) is inside the house and I send jobs to the printer via Octopi. Is there a way to determine the current firmware on my printer (and can I update the firmware) without dragging my PC to the garage?

Check out the OctoPrint plugin Firmware Updater. When you click on the Browse… button in the plugin it lets you look for the firmware files on your PC.

You can get the firmware files from your CuraLE installation (C:\Program Files (x86)\cura-lulzbot 2.6\resources\firmware or C:\Program Files (x86)\cura-lulzbot 3.2\resources\firmware) or download them from http://devel.lulzbot.com/software/Marlin/

That is great! I can see the Firmware Updater needs to know the flash method and configuration. Is there any documentation to use with the TAZ 6 to know how I am supposed to set that? (avrdude? Atmega?, etc.)

Yes, the setup instructions are on the page that was linked to. A RAMbo(The printers control board) is a 8 bit MCU board = avrdude then in the Configuration section on that page it says what settings you need to use for the program for that control board.

Thank you!

The settings that worked for me (Taz 6)

1 Like