Cura 3.2 on Linux

I just updated cura-lulzbot and it gave me the 3.2 version. I’m on Ubuntu 17.10 x86-64bit.

When I try to run it, it fails to start with this error:

2018-06-29 10:25:49,293 - DEBUG - [(139948829651008)-MainThread] UM.Settings.ContainerStack.getVersionFromSerialized [340]: Could not get version from serialized: ‘machine_stack’
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 969, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 673, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 673, in exec_module
File “”, line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/home/buildbot/slave/CuraLEDevel-debian-stretch-64/build/build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/cura/CrashHandler.py”, line 13, in
File “/home/buildbot/slave/CuraLEDevel-debian-stretch-64/build/build/inst/lib/python3.5/ssl.py”, line 99, in
ImportError: libssl.so.1.0.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried installing python-openssl and python3-openssl, but it didn’t change anything.
I do have libssl1.0.0 installed. Version is: 1.0.2g-1ubuntu13.6

Has anybody been able to get this to start on Linux?
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Dan

When you went through the process of updating to Cura 3.2 did you also make sure to clear your computers cache and remove any versions of Cura that were in the 2.x branch? If not try removing those and see if it allows you start up the new software. This could be an issue of those older files interfering with the start up process. Here is our guide for getting a good clean install of the 3.2 software on Ubuntu: https://www.lulzbot.com/learn/tutorials/cura-lulzbot-edition-installation-ubuntu

We are currently using:

libssl1.0.2:amd64 1.0.2l-2+deb9u3

Any chance you can update your libssl and see how it goes?