Custom Bootscreen

Hello! I am trying to use a Custom Boot Screen on my TAZ 5. I have downloaded and configured the marlin folder and have put my _Bootscreen.h in there but I can’t seem to get it to work. I made a post about it on Reddit and was told to comment out all of the LULZBOT_CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN related lines in the “ultralcd_impl_DOGM.h” file but when I do that the firmware doesn’t compile and I get the error:

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560

Thank you for any help.

That error message isn’t very helpful. I would need to see the compiler messages from above to see what the issue was.

Anyhow, you need to remove our modifications to the function lcd_custom_bootscreen to re-enable the customization feature. The function would look like this:

void lcd_custom_bootscreen() {
        u8g.firstPage();
        do {
          u8g.drawBitmapP(
            (128 - (CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN_BMPWIDTH))  /2,
            ( 64 - (CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN_BMPHEIGHT)) /2,
            CEILING(CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN_BMPWIDTH, 8), CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN_BMPHEIGHT, custom_start_bmp);
        } while (u8g.nextPage());
      safe_delay(CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN_TIMEOUT);
    }

Hey! I made the changes you recommended and it compiled just fine. Unfortunately I just started an 8 Hour print so i’ll have to wait until that’s finished to test it. Thank you so much for your help! You guys really are the best. :smiley: