CURA Lulzbot 3.2.32 - Printer Temp Inital Layer - Don't use 0

Get answers & advice for all of your 3D printing & Free Software needs here!
joshea

CURA Lulzbot 3.2.32 - Printer Temp Inital Layer - Don't use 0

Post by joshea » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am

So wanted to put this more out as a warning to people then anything, but you could argue it a bug report (probably already has reported, but better safe then sorry).

Anyway, in the new CURA, there's a setting "Printing Temperature Initial Layer", with a description that includes "Set to 0 to disable special handling of the initial layer". While the description says this, I think someone forgot to update the code to actually handle this situation (seems the most likely, I could see that being missed).

I confirmed in the gcode that if you leave it to 0 you see this
M109 R0 ; wait for extruder to reach printing temp
And you'll see your printer cooling down the extruder to 0 after just doing auto-leveling. Also, just to confirm this, looking at the gcode, there's no extra code in place that would bring the printer back up to temp. In fact, I am pretty sure it would try to print. Which of course, would just cause filament to be chewed up since it can't extrude it.
Proud LulzBot Mini & Taz 6 Owner!

Orias
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Re: CURA Lulzbot 3.2.32 - Printer Temp Inital Layer - Don't use 0

Post by Orias » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Thank you for posting. I've reported this here if you'd like to follow along or submit more details: https://code.alephobjects.com/T5030

What printer and tool head did you have selected when you generated your gcode? Did you clear your cache when you updated to 3.2.32?