CURA unsigned on macOS?

Hi

I was wondering why CURA remains unsigned software on macOS? I can’t imagine it being a large problem to overcome?

I have been wondering the same thing.

I’m sure it’s because lulzbot insists on only using foss software for everything, signing requires using Xcode, and there’s terms in the license they won’t agree to.

I’ve been trying to get them to change the install instructions for years, as their method disables important security features in OS X. The proper method, which only bypasses gatekeeper for the application itself (and is only required once) is to right/control click on the application, then choose open from the pop up menu. Once you approve the warning, the os will remember the exception and you won’t have to do it again.

macOS 10.15 Catalina also requires apps to be notarized. This is a process in addition to signing the app binaries.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution

Beginning in macOS 10.14.5, all new or updated kernel extensions and all software from developers new to distributing with Developer ID must be notarized in order to run.

Beginning in macOS 10.15, notarization is required by default for all software.