Increase Max Wipe Temp in Cura (above 200 °C)

Is there any way to get Cura to let me increase the maximum wipe temperature above 200 °C? I’ve been printing with Taulman 910 nylon on my Taz 6 using the Aerostruder head, and I’ve been having to manually wipe the nozzle at 255 °C in order to get the auto-level probe sequence to succeed.

Related question - is there a way to adjust the re-wipe temperature? Whenever the probe fails following the initial wipe, it drops the nozzle temp to 170 °C for re-wipes.

I have the same problem and would like to see a response.

The first one I believe is the material the wiper is made of will melt.
The second question if I remember from around a year ago posting is that that is coded into the firmware.

Both will require a change in the firmware settings and limits.

If the issues lies in the fusion temperature of the material the wiper is made of, then should that part be replaced as well? Do aftermarket alternatives exist, or should users try to jury-rig a part out of another material?

I am printing a lot of nylon filaments and I have the same problem. I have to do a manual clean before each print. The wiping procedure is useless for high temperature filaments @ 170C.

Does anybody know of a replacement wipe material that would be suitable at higher temperatures?

This information is helpful and can be addressed in material profile updates in Cura LE.

Typically, we set the nozzle cleaning temperature to one lower than the extrusion range. Would you all mind posting your lowest cleaning temperatures you’ve used for specific nylon materials?

I actually have ended up using 200 °C for my nylon cleaning temp, but I’ve been using more aggressive cleaning material (high-grit sandpaper) in order to get a successful bed-leveling probe sequence.

Be careful with that, abrasive materials like sandpaper can erode your nozzle and change the geometry.

Yeah, little bit of a trade-off… I’m using a fairly high grit (320) so hopefully I’m not causing damage too quickly. Nozzles are fairly cheap and easy enough to change out, though, so I feel the “risk”/wear is worth getting a perfect probe sequence and first layer.