catzcradle

Re: Adding an Openbuilds Openrail x axis to a Lulzbot Taz 4/5

Postby catzcradle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Ah, thanks

catzcradle

Postby catzcradle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:05 pm

lives.jpg

It lives! Thanks for the write up Piercet. It may of just been me, but on the x axis parts, specifically the motor block, and idler parts, the 10mm bolts were too short to get a t-nut to work on. I just remodeled the parts to make the holes a bit deeper, but everything works great!

piercet

Postby piercet » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 am

If anyone is interested I commissioned and have received a set of the metal backplates. I've test fit these on my machine, and they are good to go. If you would like one, I'm offering a total of 12 of them at the moment, for $25 per backplate including tax and shipping (USPS flat rate) to a U.S. domestic address. If there is more interest than that I can get a second order of them on the way.

IMG_2649.JPG

If you would like one, please send me a PM and we can go over the logistics. This is the plate design I use on my machines and will fit all the accessories, such as the cable chain mounts, leveling probe, etc.

discojon

Postby discojon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Looks great Tim. I finally got my cnc Router dialed in for aluminium cutting. Let me know next time you need some cut. I also have some acrylic ones available.
TAZ 5, Open rails X,Y,Z. Marlin 1.1 RC2. Mangrove dual fan, reinforced extruder mount

Return to “Hardware”