Service Bulletin: Thermistor Issue in Aerostruder and Dual Extruder v3 Tool Heads

Have questions? Want advice?
b-morgan

Re: Service Bulletin: Thermistor Issue in Aerostruder and Dual Extruder v3 Tool Heads

Post by b-morgan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 am

The LulzBot Dual Extruder V3 is a fairly solid design. Soluble filaments are iffy at best.

While I printed the test object successfully, I'm under 50% success with other parts when using soluble filament. Most likely I haven't hit on the right settings yet.

I have approximately the same success rate with two color, same material printing using the Dual Extruder V3 as I have with the Single Extruder.

I don't think the hardware is responsible for my soluble filament failures. I think my success rate will go up once I get the settings right.

tonyboutwell

Re: Service Bulletin: Thermistor Issue in Aerostruder and Dual Extruder v3 Tool Heads

Post by tonyboutwell » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:15 pm

This video (from Lulzbot) shows this as their solution for printing PVA... so I am going to trust their marketing and expect it works as they are showing. My dragon sculptures have grown so complicated this is really the only way to print some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P8EZynCk2c

Lulzbot has not let me down yet. I will let you know how it goes...

--Update: I ordered the tool head but it says it is currently back ordered so not sure when I will actually get it in.

Thanks,
Tony Boutwell
New Taz 6 Owner