Modular Bed fitting to TAZ 6

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
B-Hep-Spring

Modular Bed fitting to TAZ 6

Post by B-Hep-Spring » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:13 am

Hope someone can help me hear, I went to fit the Modular Bed to my TAZ 6, thought this would be a strait swap, when I tighten the 16mm washers down they don't lay flat?? because the heater plate sits in the print corners im 1 mm higher,, when I look at my Stand off they measure 10mm,, when I loof at
http://download.lulzbot.com/retail_part ... r_2pt_bed/

they quote 11mm any thoughts on this?? I did contact Tech but they seem to not understand my problem..

Any Help appreciated..

kmanley57

Re: Modular Bed fitting to TAZ 6

Post by kmanley57 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:55 am

Checking my Taz 6 it measures 10 MM to the top of the modular bed glass plate. I had a problem at first with the washers not sitting flat, but on second attempt they worked fine.

YMMV....
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

B-Hep-Spring

Post by B-Hep-Spring » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks for the reply I will have another go I re measured everything and the plates are the same thickness the difference is in the heater plate this adds another 1mm to the height of the plate as this sits into the corners of the printed bed supports...

Ill try and re fit if not ill make 11mm pillars

Thanks

kcchen_00

Post by kcchen_00 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:44 pm

That's interesting... maybe they "fixed" the system with a thicker steel plate...

B-Hep-Spring

Post by B-Hep-Spring » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Don't get to excited I think the steel sheet is the same 1.0mm the plate is the same as the std plate (thickness)

BusterCherry

Post by BusterCherry » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:25 pm

Does your look like this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mVykn ... XnKe1t6550

I had the same issue. Here's a video that I made.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nRjCU ... k4DYn0JfZI

I sent the video to Aleph Objects and here was the reply:

"The small slant you are seeing in the washers is within an acceptable range compared to what we see on the modular beds that we use in the office. The printer is able to compensate for that with the auto leveling. The distance is not usually too great that it affects the z-offset, but there is a possibility."

They also offered for me to return the unit. It surprised me that this was within the acceptable range compared to what they use in the office.

kmanley57

Post by kmanley57 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:42 am

Make sure the edges of the heating pad is not catching on the flex corners, the picture I looked, at the metal plate is sitting about 1MM higher than it should be in the corner pocket. You may need to loosen the two screws on them and adjust the corners out slightly to get the metal plate to sit better between.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

B-Hep-Spring

Post by B-Hep-Spring » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Buster

You are Absolutely spot on, Yes that is exactly my issue, if Lulzbot are looking at this post they should sort this, They do themselves NO credit, supplying this, I moved from a Printer with dodgy heritage (Chinese) in the parts department,,, I purchased the Taz because I thought with it being American it would be done right, Grossly disappointed.

I have a Lathe I will make 11mm stand offs (Cylindrical Spacers) I would like to know why they list this in the file suppository (11mm) stand offs.

Thank you for taking the time in uploading the video I thought I was being stupid, but the maths don't lie,,, Thanks

And as this is so crucial to get a good level bed level Wonky Washers DONT Cut the mustard :oops:

Fix it Lulzbot

B-Hep-Spring

Post by B-Hep-Spring » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Buster
I was going to PM you but was getting confused I can make them this week would you like a set

BusterCherry

Post by BusterCherry » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Yes please! I'll pm you my contact info.