Latest Firmware for TAZ5 - advanced development version

Look here for custom firmware, networked 3D printer hosts like OctoPrint, and more!
aliasmeum

Re: Latest Firmware for TAZ5 - advanced development version

Post by aliasmeum » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:28 am

If you look in Configuration.h you can find the following lines:
#define ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP 4
and
#define ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM 1
try changing these values to get the desired behaviour off the LCD.
(If I remember right, Lulzbot is using 2 for the pulses and 1 for the steps)

Best regards
Robert

Rp1030

Post by Rp1030 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 am

This setting is helpful, yet does not solve my issue.

I can turn any axis to any number ex. 50mm and it will only move like 2 mm +/-
I cant figure this setting out.

aliasmeum wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:28 am
If you look in Configuration.h you can find the following lines:
#define ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP 4
and
#define ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM 1
try changing these values to get the desired behaviour off the LCD.
(If I remember right, Lulzbot is using 2 for the pulses and 1 for the steps)

Best regards
Robert

Rp1030

Post by Rp1030 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Are there any new developments with marlin? 1.1.9 will not agree with my printer, even with days/hours of tinkering.
I can navigate on my LCD just fine but when it comes to manual axis moving, nothing works right... And I haven't even tried printing with this firmware yet...

Is anyone else running this on their TAZ 5 with any luck?

aliasmeum

Post by aliasmeum » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:35 am

Hello Rp1030,

In your first post you write that you are working on a modified TAZ5. Maybe you can tell us a little more about what changes you have done to your TAZ. It might be easier to help then.

Best regards
Robert

Rp1030

Post by Rp1030 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm

I have a TAZ 5 with Openrails mod on X and Y axis, stepper sound dampers, and a newly installed Hardened Steel Nozzle and my very own Optical Proximity Sensor.
My printer is currently running with great success: Marlin 1.1.0-RC2 (from the Latest Marlin with G29 Development thread)
I just can't seem to get the new firmware to agree with my printer. I have not tried to print with it yet, I just cant get past not being able to move axis manually like I normally do on my current working firmware.

aliasmeum

Post by aliasmeum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am

Hello Rp1030,

If your printer is currently running with great success on a older version of Marlin it should be possible to get Marlin 1.1.9 to work as well :) Can I suggest that you try Marlin 1.1.6 first? If you want to give it a try you can simply follow the instructions in my reply to artistebot, in this topic, on Fri Nov 10, 2017. You should be able to use the attached Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h files. Just remember to change X_BED_SIZE and Y_BED_SIZE if your Openrail modification deviates from the standard Taz5.

When you get Marlin 1.1.6 to work, you can go on to Marlin 1.1.9. I would not use the Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h files from Marlin 1.1.6, but instead manually change the necessary settings in the configuration files included with Marlin 1.1.9.
In my reply to artistebot there is attached a file called "Marlin-1.1.6-Taz5 configuration changes.ods" in this file you can see what changes you need to do in the standard Marlin configuration to get it to work on a standard Taz5.
If you want to use the current Marlin 1.1.9 release, you can apply these changes to the configuration files in Marlin 1.1.9. Remember to also use the latest Arduino IDE (Currently 1.8.9)
Off course you also have to configure your probe and auto bed leveling. (I would do a first run without the probe.)

Best regards
Robert