Mini 1 stops printing in middle of print.

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot Mini 3D Printer
tilmansp

Re: Mini 1 stops printing in middle of print.

Post by tilmansp » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:50 pm

Bring up the printer console while printing, and check for error messages when it stops. It'll give you a clue what is going wrong. For example, if either the bed heater or the bed temperature sensor fail (I replaced both of them, the later one even twice), you'll get a temperature alert. Temperature slowly drops -> bed header. Temperature suddenly becomes 0 -> bed temperature sensor.

mdivancic

Post by mdivancic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:00 pm

No error messages. Switched to windows where I could disable the USB power saving mode. Seem to have solved the problem, testing all week by setting up large prints before I go to work.

Any way to do the same on the Mac side?

Regards,
Mike

mdivancic

Post by mdivancic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am

Update on this issue for me. I've been setting up 10 to 12 hour prints each morning before I head to work all week. Every one has finished without a problem running my iMac on the windows side. This leads me to believe the problem is in the USB ports power saving modes, which I have disabled in Windows but do not know how to disable in MacOS.

Regards,
Mike

Brent.I
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Brent.I » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:30 pm

mdivancic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am
I have disabled in Windows but do not know how to disable in MacOS.
The Macos directions for Cura LulzBot Edition have directions for disabling the sleep settings for Mac: https://www.lulzbot.com/learn/tutorials ... tion-macos

We hope this gets you sorted!

mdivancic

Post by mdivancic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 am

That doesn't fix the problem however. The issues is there is a low level power saving mode built into the mac's USB hardware. In Window you can disable this power saving mode in Device Manager, but I can't find a way to do this in MacOS. I'm find running on the windows side.

Regards,
Mike