OctoPrint disconnects after printer asks to re-Wipe

Get answers & advice for all of your 3D printing & Free Software needs here!
InfiniteGinger

OctoPrint disconnects after printer asks to re-Wipe

Post by InfiniteGinger » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Since updating to latest Marlin firmware 1.1.9.34 my OctoPrint disconnects if the printer reports it needs to rewipe before printing. Octoprint will report a firmware error and disconnect. the printer will keep running the auto level sequence and after rewiping will touch all four corners and wait for more instructions from OctoPrint. Using Aerostruder tool head on Taz 6 Octoprint version latest 1.3.10...

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there any work around? My bed is fine, washers clean, nozzle clean, nothing is loose, ground wire on bed is firm. I'm convinced this is firmware related as the bed levels itself the 2nd time nearly every time.

Also, since updating to new firmware, only one nozzle on my V3 will wipe on the pad, the right nozzle just grazes the outside edge.

Aha

Re: OctoPrint disconnects after printer asks to re-Wipe

Post by Aha » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Thank you! I was meaning to post this myself yesterday and wasn't sure if I was going to get unlazy and post tonight, but I have exactly this problem!

I'm running the Taz 6 v3 head and I'm always getting this from every test I tried. EXTREMELY frustrating! I DID have 2 related workarounds that I'd been using until this weekend: first I deleted the autoleveling and moved it to a macro on the pi so I'd only level once and then run from there (this kills octolapse I just found out). Second there had been a workaround to increase the timeout before the pi considers the connection dead. It was working until this weekend on that macro, but doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I'm also getting this odd/useless new thing poping up telling me to click on the Taz to continue. Think that's interfering with some connections (it's actually cool if useful for filament changes and other stuff mid print if there's good documentation on how you code it).

This problem has led me to abandon cura and normal octoprint stuff until I can get some help like too! Can't understand how they can't work that out if they're working on octoprint too.

Thanks if anyone can work on this and help!

Aha

Re: OctoPrint disconnects after printer asks to re-Wipe

Post by Aha » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Thought I'd follow up on this with my progress and with an email back from lulzbot. I'm still working on it, but this is where I'm at:
1. Tuning the autoleveling to hopefully not need rewipes (and also get a nicer level) - cleaning and fixing some connections through email directions that may help
2. Upping my timeout options on Octoprint - https://community.octoprint.org/t/octop ... meouts/227 is the centerpiece. (Note it's now under intervals and timeouts tab in the updated Octoprint). The re-wiping is still part of the G29 probe sequence command, and should be part of the "long running commands" subset.

I'm just going to up the max consecutive timeouts while printing/long running commands as well. Alternatively, you could just set all to 0 and it should get rid of this timeout problem. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but if the printer is dropping out of communication from this timeout anyway, I'm not sure if there would be any difference between octoprint knowing it's timedout and it just pinging away forever. Maybe I've just talked myself into disabling timeout things and not worrying since I don't see a time that's ever going to be useful for me anyway.