Any Interested in Manufacturing Parts?

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
myeager

Any Interested in Manufacturing Parts?

Post by myeager » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:33 pm

I am preparing a product for Kickstarter in the fall. You can view a picture of an older prototype here: https://roboppics.com

If people subscribe on Kickstarter, I might need to print and assemble 10 - 50 of these in response to the Kickstarter campaign.

It is 90% 3D printed on a Taz 6 using PolyMax - which is a little hard to print and does require thicker PEI on the build plate plus an enclosure.

I am just wondering if there are Taz 6 owners who might be interested in making parts?

I send you the g-code, you make the parts on your Taz, you send me the parts and make a little money and maybe learn a bit... Real distributed manufacturing :)

Anyone interested enough to talk about it?

Thanks,

Michael

tyth
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Re: Any Interested in Manufacturing Parts?

Post by tyth » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi Michael,

I am happy to say that this service is something we are offering! Please email us at support@lulzbot.com and we can talk about the details of your project.

myeager

Post by myeager » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:49 am

Thanks Tyth,

I sent an email.

There are lots of services where you can order 3D printed parts. 3D Systems and Proto Labs for instance, where you can upload a part, pick a material, and get a quote back.

Are you saying that Lulzbot has an offering like this?

I was thinking more along the lines of coordinating Taz 6 owners so that they can participate in a market for manufacturing parts.

More like an Uber of 3D printing.

Lots of people own your printers. I bet many are not using them fully. Why not create a way to connect people who need parts with people who own these underutilized resources.

JoeBowler300

Post by JoeBowler300 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:00 am

I would be interested in something like this however, I don’t have an enclosure but live in a low humidity state. Also, what is meant by needing a thicker Pei?