Anybody using Cura 4.13.1

Okay, so one issue I am having is I cannot find certain material settings that seem to be key.

For example, in the new user interface, there is no “soften temperature” for adding materials. Consequently, my use of the material_probe_temperature in my start up code gets rendered:

M104 S{material_probe_temperature}

The print seemed to work except that there was filament oozing out of my nozzle.

It looks like the lulzbot edition has an option to change the probe and soften temperatures, and these are missing from the latest cura.

Since it seems that it was a useful feature I am not sure why they would do that.

Is there a way to add your own variables (as seem to exist on the lulzbot edition) so that I can follow for the most part the flow in the lulzbot edition, while taking advantage of some of the other new features in cura?

Okay, I just found this: Cura 4 vs. Lulzbot edition - #3 by TheVirtualTim (and I think he is replying right now). Basically:

So you can use other slicers. But when you copy the start g-code from Cura LE to wherever you want to use it… just make sure you check all those variables (they are always in curly braces {}) and be prepared to hard-code them with the actual values if the slicers doesn’t support the variables.

So, based on the above, I guess I’ll have to get around to write a script to modify the generated g-code and do the substitutions based on settings in another file. I’ll post it here. Meantime I will manually edit.