Still need to suspend filament over printer, not sure if I should attach filament spool to printer or ceiling of enclosure. Probably ceiling in case I do double extrusion.
Still need to cut Plexiglas front and determine how it will be attached, I’m thinking clips on the side and top. It is hard to see but there is a lip that it sits on, so the weight will be supported. Clips should make it easy to remove and attach.
Still need to cut shelves for bottom compartment. This will be storage for filament and all other things printer related.
Still need to figure out venting system. Thinking a duct out the same side the power line and usb chord go it, but up at the top obviously.
Still need to figure out lighting, do I want and need it?
Reasons I went with the setup I did:
Movable (throughout garage).
Didn’t have to detach electronics and mount outside the case.
Really only need to look in from front, hence plywood structure (inexpensive) and Plexiglas front (expensive).
Weight of either plywood or Plexiglas enclosure would be to much to pick up, hence mobile base.
Only 8 plywood panels (2’ x 4’) needed to build entire case which can be cut from two (4’ x 8’) panels or can be bought precut in the (2’ x 4’) dimension.
What if the next taz is bigger and won’t fit in the box. Well, the top enclosure is attached to the pedestal that sits in the mobile base. Or in other words, the storage compartment is a separate structure from the top. So I would only have to rebuild the top structure. Also, I decided to only screw the whole thing together and not glue and screw. This allows me to take it apart and make changes, or repurpose the wood if I have to build a new larger top structure. I’m also consciously only drilling holes and openings into the electronics side of the structure, remember the venting will come out that side also. That way if something changes about the printer but it still fits in the enclosure, I only have to unscrew that one panel and cut a new one to close off or redesign all holes entering the enclosure.
But like I said, almost done. I lose points for the mistake on the side picture. I drilled the notch for the usb chord but didn’t realize this is the same height the power cord enters the electronics enclosure. I’m looking forward to stopping some of the delaminating that has been occurring when printing in my cold shop, and I am getting the space on my workbench back for other work. I’ll post the finished project as soon as I finish and am happy to send my CAD files to anyone that wants them, PM me. I mocked the whole thing up in CAD to make sure it would work before buying the materials.