Designing enclosure for Mini 3D

I agree, that was a pretty harsh response by admin and I would like to know why the custom enclosure is considered junk by the admin.

Not to pile on but yeah, why not stick to any actual or perceived copyright or trademark infringement instead of bashing the product?
You have done far more to damage your reputation with this than anything else I’ve seen to date.

Before they were selling the design with the LulzBot name:

After they were selling the design with the LulzBot name:

In context, I think that if the seller had not used the Lulzbot name, Aleph Objects would have been perfectly happy with him selling his kit. What made it junk was falsely using the LulzBot brand.

That all being said, I would love to see some clarification from Lulzbot on how 3rd party accessories to it’s products could be sold by others in the future and everything be kosher.

The way I see it from the info available, Jim R. simply filled in the brand thinking it was referring to the printer for which the enclosure was designed to be used. The only thing I would fault him for would be not proofreading and having someone else proofread the text well enough before making it public.

The only thing I can think of that would justify Jeff’s post would be if he first contacted Jim and politely asked him to fix the problem and Jim then refused, (a phone call (best) or registered letter would work an email or text would not, no way to know for sure if it got delivered). He gave no indication that such contact had occurred but looking at the post dates there was time.
At this point I can only hope Jeff was just having a bad day. Whatever went down is a private matter and probably best to just drop it at this point.

Andre B.

I can understand Jeff being upset that the listing incorrectly gave the impression that the enclosure was a Lulzbot product. However, an enclosure does seem like a useful idea, both for print quality and for noise (though I admit I am a complete amateur, so maybe I’m missing some downside here?)

I would hope that Jeff and Jim can kiss and make up and arrive at some sort of understanding that would let this enclosure be available again.

So has anyone gotten this enclosure and if so how well did you find it works?

I have had it intalled for about 4-5 months or so… I have been printing about 5-6h/day almost everyday. The enclosure works fine with ABS, the temperature inside is more constant that wthout it.
I had to pud some duct tape to avoid annoying vibrations and some cracks are developing on it but I am very pleased I would buy it again.
I got the old version without upper lid, I think that the new version would be even better.

The reason for the harsh response may be because there are some possible patent issues if lulzbot sells an enclosure…I believe the “heated enclosure” is covered by a stratasys patent and if lulzbot was named as the seller, it could be bad for them. (an accessory sold by another company may not be as bad. but I am no lawyer)

but I am just speculating about the reason.