New Bed Leveling Technique

I am working on a new bed leveling technique. I got the idea from the video below and I am trying to retro fit it to work with the TAZ

The problem I have is that the thin aluminum plate isn’t strong enough so when the hot end presses down it ends up pushing the aluminum plate down instead of compressing the spring. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations/ideas

You can see my install above. I have a spring that should compress when the nozzle hits the bed and then a thumb screw that sets the pin in place.

I think I got it working. I was wondering if anyone had an STL file for the bed calibration print. I only have the GCODE file.

EDIT: still not working but if someone can get me a nice STL for bed calibration I would appreciate it.

Here’s the link: http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/juniperberry/production_parts/calibration/bed_calibration.stl

This is what I was looking for, thank you.

As of right now I replaced the original set up, gonna need to drill out some holes in my plate to get it working but have a project that has priority over this modification. Hoping to get it done and share with everyone. If anyone is interested in my design let me know and I can share some files.