There are two threads on the Forum about printing 1.75 mm filament on a LulzBot TAZ with a LulzBot Hexagon Hot End (see https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/can-the-taz-5-use-1-75mm-dia-filament/1488/1 and https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/taz-5-and-1-75mm-filament/1407/1).
Wanted to share my experience printing with 1.75 mm filament on a LulzBot Mini… So far so good
A few notes:
- Printing with an Iwatani brand PLA blend, I’m not sure exactly what’s in it but it’s relatively stiff and brittle
- Using default LulzBot Mini hardware (LulzBot Hexagon Hot End, standard self-cleaning and leveling, .5 mm nozzle)
- Using default LulzBot Mini medium print quality configurations for LulzBot Cura Edition, only changed filament diameter to 1.75 in advanced settings
- All these photos are licensed CC BY-SA Aleph Objects, Inc.
- All these objects are licensed with Free Culture licenses