I generally love the LulzBot mini and the excellent support, but I’m having issues with the printer bed.
In 3 months, I am now on my fourth heated bed. All through this I’ve been cleaning the surface with isopropyl alcohol, and trying to follow instructions as well as I can.
- The first one, I was trying to remove the print and the PEI sheet tore.
- I replaced the PEI sheet. It takes about 2 hours of tedious, delicate work to remove the adhesive and re-apply the PEI.
- I ordered a new heated bed kit as a backup. The first one I received was smashed. Lulzbot fortunately replaced it.
- The original bed that I had replaced the PEI, I was trying to remove a print, and the entire bed shattered.
- I then switch to the backup bed. While printing nylon, I saw some warping on the bed that I assumed was the nylon itself. It turns out that because of a bed leveling issue (apparently sometimes it doesn’t detect the height correctly), the hotend was too close to the PEI and the PEI blistered.
I’m a little bit at wit’s end. Is this other people’s experience? Do folks have alternatives/modifications to the standard LulzBot mini bed that they’ve made that maintain the nice characteristics (like auto-leveling)?