Dissolvable Support Best Practices

I am very new and learning, but I am quite interested in using water soluble PVA support. Has anyone compiled a list of best practices? Temperatures, speeds, etc. And are some filaments more compatible with PVA than others? I was using nGen, which was some people are saying is becoming popular, but I find that it oozes and prints are stringy. And the PVA/nGen interface looks horrible. Not the smooth surface I was hoping for.

What support density were you using? I think it has to be pretty high to get the really nice support to part surface.

I’d use a 100% density and no layer or horizontal separation for dissolvable material. You basically want to create a solid platform to build on with no bridging.

The following video is a tutorial for S3D, but I think the beginning explains the premise for using PVA as a support material:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCVOsRA6Bc&index=16&list=PLogLRK5xzNdieu445p2O7wODJpQBVf-Ss

Thank you for the tips. That may be part of my problem, but not all of it. The bigger problem, I think, is that PVA and nGen don’t seem compatible. They do not stick to each other. I switched to PLA with PVA support and results seem much better, but it has presented different problems. More on that later.

The dense fill settings do make a lot of sense. I do not see them in Cura, however. Maybe I need to switch to something else?

The other problem I had is that the PVA raft lost adhesion with the print bed. I tried it with clean PEI, and with blue painters tape. Both times started quite optimistically, but the part dislodged and the machine printed spaghetti.