Greetings! First poster here! I just upgraded to a Taz 6 from a heavily modified Printrbot Simple Metal that I’ve had for several years - great little printer, but it was time for an upgrade. However, I’m running some problems on the first layer of one of my first prints. I’m using PLA from PushPlastic, which I’ve always had really good luck with on my Printrbot.
I’ve highlighted the two areas I’m specifically having problems with in the image. I’m getting good adhesion in some locations, but others are “graining” and not sticking at all. I’ve tried the following but haven’t had a whole lot of luck:
- Cleaned (and re-cleaned) the PEI surface with IPA (the alcohol not the beer)
- Increased the bed temp for the first layer to 80c
- Increased the extrusion temp of the PLA to ~210c for the first layer, and 205 for subsequent layers (although I’m not getting past layer 1)
- Reduced the movement speed to ~40m/s for the first layer
- Moved the part around in Cura to try printing on different areas - and when I print, different sections of the print will grain.
I’ve read through various posts and guides online that seem to point me to the bed still not being clean enough. But before I go and take something abrasive to the brand-new PEI surface, I wanted to ask here to see if anyone had any other thoughts.