So I have an issue with my Lulzbot mini 1, failing on probing.
It always fails on the right front pad, retrys, but then fails. After a could of restarts the printer works. But it takes a few trys.
Any ideas? Could the Nozzle be worn out?
Here’s my firmware info:
Recv: FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin FIRMWARE_VERSION:188.8.131.52 EXTRUDER_TYPE:SingleExtruder SOURCE_CODE_URL:https://code.alephobjects.com/diffusion/MARLIN PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:LulzBot Mini EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:351487b6-ca9a-4c1a-8765-d668b1da6585
If you were having a problem with the nozzle then I’d expect the bed-probe would fail on lots of corners… not just the one.
Grab an ohm-meter (multi-meter) and check the resistance between the bed-leveling washers in each corner to the plate.
I’m guessing you’ll find that troublesome right-front corner isn’t conducting as well as the others. You may need to remove it, clean it, and re-install it … making sure the screw is nicely snug.
BTW, I did this to mine (right-rear was the corner mine mostly failed on). I discovered that while it sometimes read ~1Ω … it just occasionally spiked a bit higher – to around ~25Ω. But it wasn’t consistent. It basically didn’t have a great connection. I cleaned it, re-snugged the screw, and now it consistently reads ohms in line with the other three corners.
I had a similar problem and discovered my grounding wire had come disconnected. Check that, it is under the bed near the front left corner.