Lulzbot Mini HIPS 1.75 Filament

I have a lulzbot mini and would like to use HIPS 1.75 filament. I am also using a mac. I have read several forums about how someone just changed the advanced setting, but I’m having trouble finding these areas. Can someone help with step-by-step instructions of how to get to these settings that I need to change and what those settings should be on a mac? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure once I am shown how to start I can figure it out from there for the other filaments.

Thank you,

Chris

Do you have a lot of the smaller size to use up? Otherwise what is gained by it vs the 3mm?

Yeah, unfortunately when I first ordered some filament the company sent me the wrong stuff. Instead of returning it they told me I could keep it. Trying to figure out how to use it now.

Will the feed rollers hold it? I would think someplace in the Software there would be an adjustment. Plan B, sell it and move on.

Yeah, it’ll hold it. Problem is I’m too much of a newb to know which settings to change. I figured out how to change some of the settings. Next time I’m at the printer I’ll grab the configuration changes I made and see if you can tell what mistake I made.

I don’t have any idea of what to change. Now I am in the same situation. The box was marked 3 and the inside roll marked 1.75 mm. I can send it back I’m sure, but is it worth the postage?

I think I might have an idea. I made some changes and will do some prints. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

OP let us know how it goes! You can see some information on my experience printing 1.75 on a Mini here: https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/1-75-mm-filament-with-a-lulzbot-mini/1534/1