Major clog, what should I do?

so I’ve been having issues after issues printing PLA, tried an additional fan, different pressures on the idler bolts, different temperatures, disabling retraction, disabling fan, everything that you could think off (ps: ABS prints just fine).

After few more tries with PLA, I thinly fu** things up. I have my nozzle filled with PLA.

I tried to heat the nozzle to remove it no luck, what should I do?

Just to document, if anybody encounter the same issue.

I could unclog the hotend using the follow procedure: I mounted the extruder back on, and heated it to 210 degrees (i was using PLA). Then I holded the hotend with a pressure plier, near the heatsink, and used another pliers to push another piece of filament throw the extruder (you could use a 2.5 hex). It is going to (could) require a LOT of force, seriously, just keep pushing, and the clog is going to give up. :slight_smile:

The cause of the clog could very well have been some residual ABS left over in the melt chamber. Might be worth bumping it to 230 briefly next time and see if that lets it flow better.

If you can’t free the filament without dis-assembly- before you go down that road contact our support team at Support@Lulzbot.com with the following information:

• Order number

• 3D printer serial number

• Contact information

• Shipping information

You’ll also want to make sure that the small blower fan on your hot end is running as soon as you turn on your printer.