I am new to 3d printing and I own my Lulzbot Mini for about 2 weeks now. Everything works fine with prints except the fact, that the first layers (like the first 3mm in height) come out messy. I first thought it is a bed temperature problem, but I tried out different temps and it did not change. I red a threat about over extrusion on the first layers and I think this is the problem.
Cura does not really have the setting to change the extrusion on the first layers, so I ask you for help
The first thing I changed (and haven’t tested yet) is the Bottom/Top thickness. It now has a value being 10x of the layer height.
So its set to 1.4 while my layer height is 0.14
I also changed the Initial layer thickness to 0.28. It was preset to 0.425 and was marked yellow. (But i didn’t test the new setting either)
I will provide two photos of the problem so you can see what I mean: