My relatively short experience with the Mini has made me learn that the two primary reasons for a clogged head is extrusion temperature and idler tension.
The profiles Lulzbot supplies works great for the material they supply. For other brands, its good to do test extrusions to find the right temperature. My process has been to choose the middle temperature range recommended for the material being used. If it doesn’t flow, start turning the temp up by 5 degrees until it extrudes smoothly. If it’s extruding smoothly right away, turn it down by 5 degrees and try again until it starts to come out a little shakey, then turn it back up 5 degrees from there. That seems to be the optimal temperature.
As for idler tension, this printed part is fantastic for setting the right tension every time. Adjust your tension every time you change the filament, and check after every few big print jobs. The jig sits between the two washers on the idler tension adjustment. Tighten until the two washers are snug up against the sides of the plastic part. You have to go back and forth tightening them individually until they are both snug.
I find 3D printing is 60% science, 30% voodoo and 10% luck. Don’t worry though, you’ll get the hang of it after a while.
Oh… also, watch out for cheap filament… it can have wildly varying diameters causing it to be oval shaped and under and oversized. So you’ll need to adjust your extrusion ratio on some filaments. I find this part helps alot narrowing down the proper extrusion ratio. Lower the extrusion ratio until the two parts fit together properly.