After my initial try with it clogged and broke my TAZ 5’s nozzle, I replaced the nozzle (with a .4mm E3d style) and went on to print many wondrous and somewhat large and complex parts with PETG (as well as ABS and PLA). I love it’s strength and lack of warpage.
Using the same profile I printed several parts in previously, all of a sudden I now cannot complete any part I try to print in PETG. Don’t seem to have any problems with ABS.
The print will start beautifully, but after several minutes of printing will stop and I end up with the half-moon cutout in my filament. It doesn’t appear to be a jam as loading the filament back in immediately extrudes easily with just light hand pressure. Reloading it will result in another few minutes of printing, but will end up the same way. This did this on the first print on a new nozzle as well.
So far I have tried:
calibrating e-steps (these were off by 5mm, but ABS and PLA were still printing with excellent quality - now even better)
clearing and reloading PETG profile (obtained in these forums)
reducing tension to min on the filament (as described in these forums)
replacing 1st new nozzle with another new .4mm nozzle (worked exactly the same)
measuring over 30 meters of filament for diameter and averaging over 30 points
It’s still the same every time. This is very frustrating as it was working so well before.